What is a contributor?
We believe a contributor is more than just an individual and our hope is to build a community of authors who are passionate in producing quality children's stories. By having your book freely available to be read by millions of children world-wide, as a collective, we will increase our exposure and attract audiences to the site. Honestly, we couldn't do this without your contribution and for that we would be truly appreciative and in return we will offer you the best support we can offer and as much opportunity to promote you and your book as is possible.
How can I generate an income with my free book?
We do not sell books directly from our site and we will be free of open advertisements as it is our firm belief we are protecting children and respecting the rights of parents... but make money you can! We believe, that through careful management of your book, this can be achieved. Here are but a few opportunities where we think you can generate an income:
- Listing one book of a series on our site whilst retaining the remaining books for purchase only.
- Listing a partial book. If a book contains multiple stories we would consider a partial listing only if it contained a complete narrative/s and if there was a sufficient page count to the listing.
- We will provide links to purchase books to other platforms such as, but not limited to, Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Google.
- Likes and dislikes provide basic feedback of your audience, therefore allowing you to create targeted stories.
- We offer free ISBN numbers for your books. Free ISBN's have their own caveats and we recommend doing some of your own research.
- Our site will not go camping - offline viewing is our Achilles' heel but opens opportunities for offline devices such as Kindle, iBook or Google Play. We fully encourage contributors to utilise our publishing tools to take advantage of any holiday period when travel entertainment sees ebook sales peak.
- Using pages in your book as promotion for other books or related products only is permitted but we advise restraint in this practice as research shows this creates a diminished experience for your audience.
How much will this cost?
It is free to list your book with us. The books are free to view and as such it is free for you to promote your book on our site. If you would like to move your book into sales and you would like for us to sell your book on your behalf, we take a minimum of 10% take on your overall sale cost. We will work tirelessly to ready your books for distribution across many different platforms and we will only get paid when you do. We believe this approach is in your best interest as it is in our best interest in ensuring that your book performs well. Please register your interest with us and we can email you a personal break down of the services that are right for you.
We will also offer a subscription plan at a later stage to offer you more services but it will always be free to register your book with us.
What are the services offered?
Our services are typical of many self publishing services and more. These services may evolve as we do but here are the current list of services we currently have on offer.
- Promote the sale of your book on many different platforms such as Amazon, Apple Store and Google Books. We can also handle price points and payments on your behalf.
- Create ebook and print compatible versions of your book including formats like ePub, iBook, Mobi, PDF and CBZ.
- If your book is a good fit with our parent publisher, Mixed Jungle Productions, and you wish for us to manage print and/or ebook sales then a free ISBN will be offered.
- We are currently finding partnered solutions to Print on Demand (PoD) services so watch this space.
- We are currently negotiating large volume printing in China and are also talking with potential Chinese publishers to partner with to capitalise in this lucrative market and to protect our interests there.
- We have our own in-house illustrators and designers and we would match these designers to your story.
- We offer targeted marketing solutions using social media.
- We encourage book signings and can organise these for you.
- Create an audio version of your book. Audio books gets more clicks!
- Audio books get to feature on our Youtube channel and Facebook page.
- We will feature artwork from your book on other social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.